Tuesday 4 September 2007

London



We arrived in London mid day Sunday. My second cousin, Heather and her husband Angus have been our home base in Islington. They have a great London terrace right by the Tufnell Park Tube station.

As soon as we arrived there was a party here with all the cousins and kids and Great Uncle Donald (Grannie's younger brother). I hadn't met most of the cousins so it was a lot of introductions for both of us. We showed the DVD of the wedding which I'm so glad we brought - thanks Keet!

Yesterday we walked from Trafalgar Square to St. James Park and Buckingham Palace. We actually did the tour of the Palace which is really worth it. It's an audio tour which made it really easy to just zone out and get immersed. At £15 a ticket it's not something I would have usually considered but really of anything I've done here I'd say bite the bullet and do it!

Today we caught the changing of the guard and shopped at Harrods (Nancy, next time we'll do this. I'm still daydreaming about the shoe gallery). We just spent a couple of hours at the British Museum and now we are geeking out on the interweb before heading home.

For the record Joel ate scones with clotted cream today and has been drinking tea. The conversion is almost complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment