Monday 12 September 2011

Mozaic and tales from the back of a scooter


Our first day in Bali we took off down an unpaved 'road' through the rice fields. Joel navigated like a pro handling all the potholes like he was cruising on his mountain bike and sometimes giving me fair warning before diving down a particularly bruising embankment.



We cruised around Ubud for the afternoon as I showed Joel all my favorite places from my last trip here. We ate an organic vegetarian lunch at Soma and strolled along Monkey Forest road.

In the evening we changed gears (and attire). We had reservations at Mozaic for an 8 course dinner. I took Mum here in July but I'd have to say the the second time was even better. For three hours the attentive staff floated course after course of locally influenced continental food to our table. The sommelier did an outstanding job with the pairings. In all, we both agreed it was the best meal we can remember.

That night we slept hard! I don't even remember going to bed. The following day we took off down some back roads to put our scooter to the test. We spent a quiet evening sitting in the loft of Laughing Buddha bar having tapas and more happy hour cocktails than I'd like to admit.

Today we packed up and are off to the organic coffee plantation to pick up some beans. It's been a great weekend and a very welcome break before the insane autumn begins.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, looks like a lot of fun :-)
    You'll have to share some tips with us!

    ReplyDelete