Monday 9 January 2012

Eating across Paris

Paris is one of those places where you want to be able to say "I had the best meal of my life" but sometimes with all the tourist traps it's hard to really find a truly great meal. It's harder still to find a truly great meal that's not going to break the bank.

Before we left for Paris my good friend and fabulous Parisian, Noras, sat down with me one afternoon and shared her hidden gems of the city with me. I made several google maps that can be easily printed out for your next trek to the land of caloric bliss.



The Bakery Crawl
Bakeries are a great inexpensive start to the day and if you stay long enough they aren't a bad place for lunch either.


View Paris Bakery Crawl in a larger map

Pastry Shop Waddle
Not for the budget traveller. This is a marvelous assortment of patisseries by some of the finest pastry chefs in the world. Even if you aren't into sweets, the art of the food is worth a visit.

View Paris pastry shop waddle in a larger map

Restaurants
These are casual, bistro style non-touristy places for unpretentious French cuisine. We only made it to two of them while were were there, Le Café du Commerce and Le Plomb du Cantal. Both were excellent. If I had to choose I think I'd return to Le Plomb du Cantal to have Trufad again. I see it in my dreams


View Paris Restaurants in a larger map

Gourmet Deli Secrets
If you have a place with a fridge you might feel like spending the evening at your home away from home enjoying foods from some very fantastic delis.

View Gourmet deli secrets in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment