Thursday 21 July 2016

Montreal: One Pastry At A Time

Here we are back in Montreal for week two of our month here. The kids and I set out three hours after I started to get Austen dressed. Because that's how long it took to negotiate getting Austen dressed today. I could have sat on him (while he made vocal impressions of an injured bald eagle) to make him comply but frankly we're on vacation and I actually don't care when we leave the house. At all.

We hit the bakery, Le Fromentier, to pick up a few quiches and a palmier and then went on to the hipster coffee shop, Lapin Presse, to pick up an iced latte for me. Parc Sir Wilfrid Laurier was full of stroller meet-ups of all kinds and we soon found a quiet corner to make sand-cakes (Austen) and eat sticks (Caelen).


We have a very relaxed remainder of this week planned before I take the kids up to Ottawa for a side trip and Joel takes off on a business trip to Boston and Anaheim.

No comments:

Post a Comment