Tuesday 4 August 2020

Results at Last

It took a full week but my test results arrived on Sunday. Negative. Phew. 

Through the past week I attempted to isolate from the family for the whole 6 1/2 days. At first, because I was so feverish and exhausted I was 100% in bed in my room, door shut. Joel was working 16 hour days in the office and running up and down the hill to check on kids watching movies or he'd have them in the office playing at my desk on an old computer of mine. It wasn't very safe and it was hell for Joel who was on the phone leading teams and negotiating through some crazy business things with the kids there.  By day 4 I felt the antibiotics may have kicked in and each day was better after that so I felt like COVID diagnosis was extremely unlikely. I decided to try to watch the kids while we are outside (me in a mask all the time of course). And I tried not to touch anything as I moved through the house to get to outdoors and only directed A to make food (which he did) so that I did not touch anything in the kitchen. I figured even if it's just a flu, we better make extra sure it doesn't rip through our family next. I think I must have done a good job because everyone is fine. Fingers crossed. 

We re-joined our pod family today. The kids were overjoyed to be back together. My two were like two feral street kids after a week of fending for themselves and all that screen time. I had a feeling it was going to be a rough week of re-establishing boundaries so I created new visual schedules for each kid with a points system to get them through the re-set. So far so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment