There was always a chance that another of us might go down. The Dr wasn't entirely sure Caelen had eColi and had put him on an antibiotic just in case. When I woke the next morning I knew something wasn't right. I was immediately stricken with all the symptoms C had had. I ignored the advice to let my body "get rid of it all first" and took all the meds that were already in my possession. I stabilized but felt weak and flushed. I knew I was on very borrowed time. Mum and I strategized. I decided we should just get ourselves to the airport and try to get on our way. Even if we just got as far as our layover in Singapore, we could get a hotel and see a Dr there. And that is what we did. Forfeiting the flight onward to KL, we got into a car at Changi and went to the closest hotel I could find and I tumbled into bed. I emerged a few hours later and headed to the clinic knowing that a forfeited flight was going to require a paper trail of illness documented and I needed adult dosed meds.
The hotel was at a golf course and was about as boring and corporate as they come. Every faux wood veneer and vinyl detail could be in a hotel in Sacramento. Again our crew had to find the inner peace to just sit. We missed our cabana. And we were sad that our whole side trip to Malaysia for three nights was just not going to happen. I was down for the count and after seeing what happened to Caelen I knew the first two days I was going to be flat out in bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment