Wednesday 3 September 2008

September begins



Summer is still here in Fairfax despite the fact that all the kids went back to school a week ago (they go back a week earlier here). A quiet has descended on the neighbourhoods which doesn't match the soaring temperatures and clear blue skies. Thankfully the weather has been kind and most days have been under 40 degrees. On the hot ones I spend the afternoons in the air conditioned library or drive into San Francisco where there is usually a 20 degree drop just before the Golden Gate Bridge.

My semester doesn't begin until the 9th so I have a few more days to pull together my supplies before the storm. Because of the randomness of my transferred credits I have two semesters ahead of me of tough classes that aren't really supposed to be taken concurrently. The good news is I can graduate with an Associate degree in the Spring and begin to look for work here. The end is near!

In other news, Joel had a 4th and a 5th place finish in his last two races. Both were fields of 50 riders and Joel with his small break-away group were able to lose the Peloton miles behind them.

I got back on the ice a week ago after a one year hiatus - the longest break since I could walk. It did all start to come back to me and I can begin to plan a few sessions throughout the fall to get back into skating a bit more. I don't know exactly what I want to do with it at the moment but it sure feels great to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment