Wednesday 3 August 2016

Breaking News: Poutine Officially Off The Bucket List


Frankly I had never heard of poutine until I was 20. Was I just terribly sheltered or did the whole poutine thing really become a trend around the year 2000? All I know is it's been a thing among both foodies and junk-food lovers for a while and everyone attributes it to Canada.

Joel decided to visit La Banquise poutinerie to see if they could satisfy my curiosity. And there we were, sitting on a picnic table with plastic forks in hand with about 4lbs of poutine in front of us.

So what did I think? Honestly, I'm not a fan. I fished around this sodding goo for a crisp fry and wished the gravy were on the side. And while I love cheese curds, their delicate flavour is lost in a gravy and they were just a rubbery texture floating in salty goo on sad mushy fries.

Joel ordered a meat lovers poutine with a MOUND of meats piled on top and he was similarly grossed out and ended up nibbling at the edges of mine instead. Austen barely touched his once he realized that it really wasn't as exciting as he'd hoped. 3 1/2 lbs of poutine hit the bottom of the park garbage bin and we walked home. Mission accomplished. Lets not do this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment