Wednesday 3 August 2016

I Dream of Cottage Country

I lived near the thousand islands until the age of ten and like most kids growing up in Ontario, Summer was all about lake swimming and going to cottages. I fished, caught frogs, paddled inner tubes out to catch the wakes of passing boats and tried to build viable rafts from found objects. I loved the sound of the lake lapping at the underside of the dock as I lay still watching the fish swim in the sunny shallows below.

One of my best friends grew up in a family that owned a cottaging business with 15 cottages and as I planned our trip this Summer she and I conspired to get us out to her family's cottages for the ultimate Ontario lake experience. Everything fell into place and we just came back from three of the most fun days we've ever had as a family.






No comments:

Post a Comment