Saturday 27 October 2007

The Opera and other adventures


Yesterday was my Birthday and the much anticipated trip to the Opera. It was a good day leading up to the going out part. I had a phone message from my Grannie singing Happy Birthday (which she has done every year for as long as I can remember), my parents called, I had so many emails and wall posts and a parcel from home which arrived filled like a Christmas stocking.

Our evening started at Hayes Street Grill, a standard for the Opera crowd. It boasts a menu of fresh seafood with unpretentious sides and cozy atmosphere. We then went on to see the San Francisco Opera performance of The Magic Flute. We sat up in the Balcony with a really good view of the stage - and for a short person like me that's key. I was completely blown away by everything, the sets to the caliber of the cast. Erika Miklosa was the Queen of the night and she was absolutely mind-blowing. It was a great Birthday present.

Today I went for lunch with a friend who is a concept artist at the Skywalker Ranch working for Mr. Lucas. I had a tour around The Ranch studios and grounds which are an idyllic assortment of Victorian homes full of things like Darth Vader's light saber and original film posters and Hollywood memorabilia that you just wouldn't believe if I told you. I just need to gloat to my brother... ahem. I also went into the sound studio. So fun, thanks D-ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment