Monday 3 December 2007

Marina del Rey, Venice Beach

Joel worked today and I spent a tough day walking up and down Venice Beach. The beach is just a couple of blocks from the apartment complex and is a cultural melting pot of weird and wonderful characters. It's also home to that outdoor gym or "muscle beach" you see in films that are set here as well as this famous basketball court which I believe was in NBA street. 

 Our place here is cheerful and cozy with an outdoor pool, hot tub and garden courtyard.  I think Joel will be pretty comfy for the next while and it's certainly not a bad place to hang out when I visit. 

Just a side note, Virgin airlines is now running cheap flights back and forth from SF to LA. It will make visiting by air more viable though I'd have to calculate that carbon footprint... Gulp.

Quote of the day

Stacey: "Is this for garbage or recycling?"
Ben: "This is LA"

No comments:

Post a Comment