Monday 18 July 2011

Back to 'normal'


Joel is home from his month abroad (that makes [cough] three this year... not that I'm counting) and my family have all gone home now. My mother and brother were here for two weeks. During that time we did a whirl wind trip to Penang and saw lots of stuff in Singapore. My mother decided to stay on for three more weeks. We traveled to Bali and finished off her bucket list of things to do in Singapore. It was a great five weeks but it's nice to have Joel home and be back to another version of normal.

Will we stay put for long? Probably not. I'm looking at flights right now actually... Thailand and possibly Bali part 2 are on the horizon. In the meantime I've got three more weeks of a history class left. I decided to bite off a big research paper that has me tracking down out of print type specimen books from a 16th century typographer and having them couriered to Singapore. I'm in heaven.

You're probably wondering what the image above is all about. Yes, that's my kitchen table set for dinner and that's Joel's new Lego train. He has been visiting this train in Lego stores for more years than I can count so while he was in Colorado I went and bought it. It was such a hit! I can't quite bring myself to ask him to take it off the table so for now we're eating with our plates in our laps watching the train go around. Choo choo!

2 comments:

  1. We are American expats over here in Singapore too. I remember when my MIL came over to visit, it was just heavenly.

    Anyway, just watned to tell you hello.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle, Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete