Monday 31 January 2011

Home cooking re-loaded


I've discovered that when I cook I should close the kitchen door to keep the spicy vapor and heat away from the air conditioned rooms of the apartment. Then I swing open the balcony door (just off the other side of the kitchen). It's like a mini sweat lodge in there. Cooking becomes meditative because I can't wander round the apartment or fiddle with my phone while I'm shut in there and all I can hear is food sizzling, cicadas in the garden next door and the far off hum of the city. I emerge in a blissful warm, spicy bubble with a steaming bowl of curry.


This is a vegan, organic Thai green curry I made for myself this evening. It turned out great considering I'm not a Thai cooking expert. I was delighted to find that it was spicy enough to melt paint.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I haven't made a green curry for ages. it's about -20 here, but you totally just made me want to crank the heat and sweat out some curry in the kitchen. I'll pretend it's summer.

    ReplyDelete