Monday 24 January 2011

Return to Singapore




Victoria, SF, Narita, Singapore. In that order. My flight home was virtually uneventful and I slept most of the way. I had window seats and skinny neighbours and kind people who put my carry-on luggage above for me since I'm too short to do this myself. I dislike flying without Joel mostly because of the dreaded stowing and un-stowing of luggage, and having big sweaty guys (who should have bought an extra seat) spill into mine and snore the whole way. I understand a woman somewhere has to put up with you, it's not me. This aside, I'm a good flyer, and generally don't particularly care if I actually have company or not since as mentioned, I take a few Nyquil and sleep and sleep and sleep.

Joel was waiting at the airport looking gleeful but tired as we were an hour late and he's usually long asleep by 1:30am. Had a restful sleep and headed out this morning into a glorious sunny day to get an iced coffee. It was one of those perfect walks where the sun trickles down through the trees creating spotlights on iridescent green plants. Shop owners unroll their awnings and roll their goods out onto the sidewalk as I pass by and there's a smell in the air of baking soil and concrete. It's not overly hot or humid right now, maybe 28 degrees with around 70-80% humidity. I'm so happy to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment