Sunday 30 January 2011

There's a gecko in my pencil box

The first fixture for my studio here, a cutting table (which is the temporary 
home for absolutely everything)

It's true, there was a gecko in my pencil box today when I opened one of my art cupboards. Starting Monday I am back to full time school online and am saying good-bye to the Tai-Tai life at least till late May. In an attempt to treat school more like a client I've decided to track my entire semester with time management software and I've put a dollar amount on the hours I track. I'm curious to see how many productive, billable design hours I can do when I go full out for that long. I'm also curious to see if I can get by with only putting in 12 hours a day. If I succeed I get to sleep at night and have weekends. If I fail... well I'll be back to living on coffee and trying to be productive after being awake 20 hours at a time. It will be interesting either way.

1 comment:

  1. funny!!

    Had one this morning in the sink. I am not 'afraid' of those cute little gecko's .... BUT.

    We have a double sink (as most do) and this morning this cute little fellow was in one of them. I didn't want to pick him (her?) up, so called for the assistance of my trusty warrier.

    He came to the rescue with a paper towel and very gently lifted our little visitor out of the sink (the idea being to take him to the laundry) except this cute little fellow promptly jumped into the sink full of warm soapy water!

    All I could hear was John yelling out "please don't drown! Please don't drown!" as he scooped him up and ran to the laundry with him.

    But he was saved and that's all that mattered!

    ReplyDelete